Clarence Whitten ADAMS 2
- Born: 12 March 1919, Pleasanton, Linn County, Kansas, USA
- Marriage: Fern Nadine MULLIS on 9 August 1940 in Bolivar, Polk County, Missouri, USA 1
- Died: 29 October 2011, Olathe, Johnson County, Kansas, USA at age 92
- Buried: 2 November 2011, Pleasanton, Linn County, Kansas, USA
Olathe Medical Center; usual residence Pleasanton, Kansas
Recorded Events in His Life
- Parents: Homer Harrison Adams and Kitty Mae Whitten.
- Other Spouses: Evelyn Russell (d. 1999); Alice Mae Wilks.
- He appeared on the 1920 US Federal Census in 1920 in Potosi Township, Linn County, Kansas, USA.
- He appeared on the 1930 US Federal Census in 1930 in Potosi Township, Linn County, Kansas, USA.
- Gallery: Couple Portrait, about 1940, in Mound City, Linn County, Kansas, USA.
- He had a residence in 2007 in La Cygne, Linn County, Kansas, USA.
- He had a residence before 29 October 2011 in Pleasanton, Linn County, Kansas, USA.
- His obituary was published about 31 October 2011 in an unknown newspaper in Kansas, USA.
Clarence Whitten Adams
Saturday October 29, 2011
Clarence Whitten Adams, 92, of Pleasanton, Kansas died Saturday, October 29, 2011 at Olathe Medical Center, Olathe, Kansas. He was born March 12, 1919 in Pleasanton, Kansas, the son of Homer Harrison and Kittie Mae Whitten Adams. He was a farmer, worked for Frisco Railroad and employed with Farmers & Merchants Bank for 32 years.
Clarence graduated from Pleasanton High School in 1937. He married Fern Mullis on August 9, 1940 and to this union five children were born. She preceded him in death on November 9,1995. He later married Evelyn Russell who also preceded him on December 1, 1999. He then married Alice Mae Wilks.
He was a member of the Bykota Southern Baptist Church in Pleasanton and later the New Life Baptist Church in LaCygne, Kansas.
He was also a member of the Masonic Lodge # 33 of Mound City, Kansas.
He was preceded in death also by a daughter, Donna Mae Vandewynkel and two brothers, Willis and Albert Adams.
Survivors include his wife, Alice of LaCygne, Kansas; one son and one daughter-in-law; three daughters and two sons-in-law; thirteen grandchildren and twelve great grandchildren.
Services will be held at 11:00 AM, Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at the Coffel-Schneider Chapel, Pleasanton, Kansas. Visitation will be from 10:00 AM until service time. Memorial contributions are suggested to the Bykota Southern Baptist Church. Interment will be in the Pleasanton Cemetery.
[obituary modified slightly to protect the privacy of living individuals]
- He was buried at the Pleasanton Cemetery in Pleasanton, Linn County, Kansas, USA on 2 November 2011.
Clarence married Fern Nadine MULLIS on 9 August 1940 in Bolivar, Polk County, Missouri, USA.1 (Fern Nadine MULLIS was born on 12 December 1919 in Worland, Bates County, Missouri, USA,3 died on 9 November 1995 in Fort Scott, Bourbon County, Kansas, USA 3 and was buried on 13 November 1995 in Pleasanton, Linn County, Kansas, USA.)