Gladys Louise ADLE 1
- Born: 29 March 1903, New York, USA
- Marriage: Leonard Henry ZABELE on 20 April 1919 in Oneida, Madison County, New York, USA 1
- Died: 30 January 1987, Oneida, Madison County, New York, USA at age 83
- Buried: 1 February 1987, Oneida, Madison County, New York, USA
Gladys L. Zabele, 83, of Main Street died Friday at Oneida City Hospital.
Mrs. Zabele was a life resident of the Oneida area. Her husband, Leonard, died in 1967.
Mrs. Zabele was a nurse and retired from Oneida City Hospital.
Surviving are three daughters, Ruth Schafer and Elsie Stevens, both of Redfield, and Betty Wimmer of Durhamville; a sister, Ruth Shelley of Oneida; six grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, several nieces and nephews.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Campbell-Dean Funeral Home, Inc., Oneida, the Rev. Bruce S. Barden officiating. Burial will be in Glenwood Cemetery.
Calling hours will be 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. today at the funeral home, 260 Main St.
Contributions may be made to the Durhamville Fire Department Rescue Squad.
— The Post-Standard (Syracuse, NY) - Saturday, January 31, 1987, page B2
prob Oneida, Madison County, New York, USA
Recorded Events in Her Life
- She appeared on the 1920 US Federal Census in 1920 in Oneida, Madison County, New York, USA. 2 1920 census, City Oneida, ward 6: s418/s2483 12 January 1920, Ancestry Image #23 o r 28
Dwg 226, family 268
Zabele, Leonard H. 26 head, renter, silver worker
Zabele, Gladys 18 wife,occ none,all born New York as were parents
Adel, Ruth 20 sis-in-law, "Wid" (Widow?), silver worker
Bailey, Howard 24 boarder, silver worker
Adel, Nellie 45 mother-in-law, laundry worker
(all could read, write; Dau Nellie not born until 3 Feb 1920)
Dwg 226, family 268 (same dwg and family number)
Richmond, William 23 head, renter, silver worker
Richmond, Pearl 17 sister, silver worker
Richmond, Earl 24 brother, silver worker
Richmond, Claude 21 brother, silver worker, buffer
Van Slyke, Bert 23 boarder, electrician, metal factory
(The Richmonds are Leonard's first cousins.)
(all of the above are listed as single except William (who is listed as married - but - no wife is enumerated - Bud)